- Certified Practitioners
- About Us
If you’ve been following this blog, you know that for the last year, I’ve been part of Dr. David Drake’s Narrative Coaching Program. While I’m still very much getting my Narrative Coaching legs under me, it’s already brought a sense of ease, spontaneity and play to my work with coachees.
As part of the Narrative Coach Certification Program, we were asked to write up a case study of a session with a coachee in which we employed the Narrative Coach approach. As part of the case study, we were asked to:
1) Describe the coaching space and the field
2) Identify the stories and characters in the coachee’s story
3) Provide session highlights, using Narrative Coaching’s four act structure
4) Share the outcome of the session
5) Provide reflections on the session
I’m sharing the case study here because of how rich it was for my learning. My learning about myself as a coach. My learning about my coachee. And my learning of Narrative Coaching and how it can be used to shift coachees’ experiences of themselves and their lives. I’m hopeful that it will stimulate your learning, as well.
First, a bit of background on my coachee in my case study, John, and our work together. (more…)